What is so special about Ukraine or Don't forget Tigray & Yemen
- Russo-Ukrainian war
- Date = 20 February 2014 - ongoing as of 11 April 2022
- Casualties & losses = 8012 killed
- Yemeni war
- Date = 16 September 2014 - ongoing as of 11 April 2022
- Casualties & losses = 150,000 deaths. 85,000 Yemen children died from starvation. 2,556 died due to a cholera epidemic. 4 million displaced.
- Tigray War
- Date = 3 November 2020 - ongoing as of 11 April 2022
- Casualties & losses = 300,000 - 500,000 deaths. 4,500,000 in dire need of food and humanitarian aid. 20,000 missing. 2,500,000 displaced. 61,000 refugees.
Did you hear or read about wars in Yemen & Tigray? Did the international-national media run headlines on humanitarian tragedies in Yemen & Tigray? Did the celebrities flood Twitter & Instagram with their expressions of shock, anger, grief over the situation & solidarity with the people of Yemen & Tigray? Did the leaders of the United States & European Union unleash a series of sanctions against Saudi Arabian, Emirati & Ethiopian leaderships? Did global corporations close their operations & pull out of Saudi Arabia, UAE & Ethiopia?
The uncomfortable yet inevitable answer is, NO!
Something has to be special about Ukraine and Ukrainian people. What could it be?
I thought about this question and pondered on it for quite a while, but failed to find a meaningful answer or to reach a conclusion. Then, on a whim, I searched DuckDuckGo with the following search terms,
Ukrainian people, Yemeni people, Tigrayan people
And, I think I have reached a conclusion that is both disturbing & obvious. I won’t burden you with my conclusion, but I learned following during my DuckDuckGo search,
Ukrainian are Caucasian people with white skin, Yemeni are Arab people with brown skin and Tigrayan are Ethiopian people with black skin.
I don't have comments on this blog as they not only are difficult to manage, but are also prone to privacy and security risks.
Instead of leaving a comment, you could email me directly.
Liked what you just read? Please consider buying me a cup of coffee!